- The articles in the magazine are graded according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) at B2 (upper intermediate), C1 (Advance) and C2 (High Advance) levels with not more than 1800 words.
- Articles are catered for readers with different interests. Topics include:
- Preparation Tips and information on English language proficiency exams
- Inspiring accounts of individuals from all walks of life.
- Cover stories of famous personalities.
- Food, career, latest trends.
- Travel, environmental highlights.
- Sports, lifestyle, short stories.
- Historical facts, arts and science, plus many more.
- An original short story by an author of note in contemporary English.
- A glossary which explains unusual or technical terms.
- Language quizzes, comprehension exercises and questionnaires which develop and check the student’s language proficiency.
- Introduction to students’ reading on a subject by using the Internet as a self-learning tool.
- Additional online materials are available online for selected articles, including:
- audio recordings (to improve listening and pronunciation skills)
- downloadable lesson plans (for teachers to use in the classroom
In schools, teachers typically use the magazines in the classroom as reading comprehension material, followed by exercises on vocabulary and comprehension that accompany the articles.
Teachers can also assign the magazines as homework to cultivate the reading habit. Students are encouraged to subscribe to the magazines on an annual basis, and they derive great pleasure from the extensive reading of articles on various topics and themes. The companion websites are to support these readers by providing more interesting and fun activities.
Click here to view Just English Magazine Sample